Thursday 18 August 2011

My Son Is A Grown Young Man

  My Shawni will be 18 years old this October. He has a driving license and he has his own car. That's right, my first-born is all grown up. It seems like only yesterday, I was carrying him around town in my belly. It seems like only yesterday that he was born. It seems only like yesterday that I held him for the first time in my arms. How he use to sleep so soundly on my chest.
Where did the time go?
How soon will it be, before he leaves home for college? How much longer do I have before I lose him to all the pretty young girls ( he says, he has no special girl ). And soon he will be married and have a family of his own.
I'm gratefull that I had the luxury of watching him grow, to be a part and an influence in his life. Everyone who knows him, knows what a wonderful young man he is. I must say, that his father, is a great parent, providing him and all of us a conducive enviroment for love, hapiness, health, knowledge, wealth, friendship, faith, hopes and dreams to blossom where we are planted.
Son, thank you for chosing me to be your mom, thank you for loving me and I love you tender, I love you sweet and you're my dreams fulfill.





Originally written on April 3rd 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment